Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

why do I cut off people who try and help me?

Ever since a young age ive been so independent. I would never ask for help in my lessons and when I would I would regret it. Im not antisocial as I have loads of friends and I know loads of people because I always make the first move but I just cant help thinking people cant help me. I don't tell people about my depression and ptsd not even my doctor as I just don't like it when people try and help me because I feel like I don't need help from other people. It really hurts me and makes me think theres something wrong with me but I cant help it. I always knew I needed to take therapy and once my teacher tried to make me go but I went once because I didn't like it in there and I didn't want to talk about it. BTW I know I have ptsd as I have flashbacks of it and many nightmares of it and a feeling of tightness in my throat when I have flashbacks. This time please help me as much as I hate it I really need it

Don't answer and ignore.

Well if you lived in the house where i live, you'd never ask for help because they are all grouchy and self-seeking. But this isn't the case with most people.

MOST PEOPLE WANT TO HELP. And most people are caring and concerned.

Maybe it's a good idea to come clean with a therapist. If you have gone to therapy or are going now, and are not expressing your true feelings you're wasting time and money. And therapists are there to help us make positive life changes. It may take a while, but if you do the WORK it takes to recover, then you will.