Buying High Quality Health Supplements?

Hi, i hear a lot of people taking additional supplements (Vitamins) to backup their healthy lifestyle, i always see those Nature Made and other common brands on the shelfs at Target/Safeway and other grocery/pharmacy stores

my question is are those supplements high quality? are there any much better supplements than the ones we see on the shelf in branded stores? what are the brands which are considered of higher quality than those common brands?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

look for USP or Pharacopia seal.

• 1 month ago

megalomaniac is right. If you eat a healthy and varied diet, you get all the vitamins you need. If you take supplements, they'll turn up in your urine, since your body can't use them.

• 1 month ago

The companies that make huge profits off vitamins and supplements will always tell you that they are "high quality" when the truth of the matter is that that is irrelevant.  The relevant part is that with a few minor exceptions one can get all the nutrition one needs through diet.  What vitamin companies aren't going to tell you is that there is a growing body of studies that demonstrate that taking additional vitamins is actually harmful to your health.  Eating a balanced diet of nutritious foods is a way better strategy if health is your goal.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.