Advice please! ?

My boyfriend and I after two years decided we should spend a couple of weeks apart (him moving back home) to decide what we both wanted and if we could try and rekindle our relationship, as the spark had somewhat died out and became washing pants and cooking dinner. 

The same night he left he slept with another girl. He spoke to me the following day saying he missed me but we both need space to work things out and miss each other. Two weeks on and he asks me to go to dinner with him. We agree to be honest and he says he had been in contact with another girl but wanted to work things out with me, but nothing had gone any further. 

Two months on a girl approaches me saying she thinks she may have slept with my boyfriend, unknowing that we were on a break at the time. He had lied about this and it turned out he had slept with this girl within 6 hours of leaving the day we decided to take a break. 

In addition, it turned out he had also tried to rekindle things with his ex girlfriend but according to him he realised she wasn’t for him anymore. 

I am trying really hard to get past this and things are better but I can’t stop it playing on my mind. Should we try and work things through or is it not worth the time or effort trying to fix something that can’t be mended? 

Lauren just move on with your live cause what you are saying i think he was sleeping with her while he was in the relationship with you that's why he ask u for some space  dont go back to him u can find someone better that u can be happy with good luck girl

He's not worth wasting your time on, if you take him back he'll be screwing any girl he can.

Clearly doesn't love you. If he did, if you both did, then you wouldn't be spending time together. You aren't right for each other

• Helen

I think you already know the answer, don't you?

He's not serious about you at all. He slept with another girl the night he left and he tried getting back with his ex. He's only going back to you because it wasn't working out with the other girls. If I were you I'd leave before I waste any more time on this guy.

Two things:

1. Any long-term relationship won't always have sparks. It's normal and there's nothing wrong with the routine of life such as washing clothes and cooking dinner. Unconditional love doesn't need constant sparks to stay together.

2. He slept with another girl immediately after leaving. He's not invested into you or the relationship is he's willing to hook up with someone else that quickly. Worse, he tried to rekindle the relationship with an ex.

Innocent mistakes my a**. If this relationship was important to him then he wouldn't have slept with the other girl or tried to get back with his ex.

No move on sadly, if within 6 hours of leaving he is sleeping around.  No Thanks

Even tho it isn't technically cheating it puts his feelings for you into prospective.

Best wishes!

It's really all about how you feel about this. 

Going forward, do you think this is something you could get over?

You could try couples counselling, they can help couples get over the hump that cheating causes. 

Or you could let it go. That was a pretty low thing to do. It's pretty down and dirty. And I wouldn't go back to that if I found out. Especially since he wasn't honest about it.

He made several innocent mistakes. Give him another chance.