Toyota cavalier or Chevy cavalier is good ? ?

3000$ 107 000 km automatic good drive

but problem with steering wheel, lock 

Do not know about Chev Cavalier, but had a Pontiac Sunfire that was one of the best cars that I ever owned.  I understand that a heavy set of keys could cause the worn ignition to turn from 'run ' to 'off' while you were driving and lock the steering.  Thus causing a panic situation.   Never happened to me, though.

No idea about the Toyota Cavalier.  Toyota Corollas have always been good.

The Chevy Cavalier ids OK if an Irwin Duke 4 beguine. The Al herd jobs go thru main bearings in just One overheat, then corrode water passages in head. U then  need full head job, heliarcing, surfacing, pressure test,  valve guide knurling, etc. ,  plus crank turning.  New bearings, even if they  Plastigage correctly,  Dont cut it. Best to  get another motor, iron head., Then they are Really . Quiet,  get out of own way., Have This one  pressure-tested and check oil P.  Any bottom end Noise at All, walk away. Might just be timing chain tensioner But...

The Chevy Cavalier was one of the worst cars GM ever made. If the Toyota Cavalier is the same car made by GM it is also horrible and not dependable. 

I had a friend with a Chev cavalier.  This is one of those "on the drawing boards it made sense, but in reality was a dumb idea.

It is to do with the shifter.   When you put it into any gear, there is like a steel wire that protrudes up the steering column and through the key LOCKING IT IN PLACE.   When you put it in Park, that is when this steel wire is pulled out of the key so you can remove the key.   (I have never seen such a stupid idea before)  Had problems with the Chev.   Kept moving the shifter back  and forth and trying to remove the key and finally it did let go.  This wire also locks up the steering. (PoS)  Next time I tried it I WD40 the ignition switch and then drove it to a mechanic and had him remove the stupid system.  It was almost Tow Truck special if I could not remove the key.

You are lucky or you are not.

• Mark

I've never heard of a "Toyota Cavalier".