Anonymous

Should I TRY the nursing program ?

In high school I had a gpa of 1.94. I REALLY want to go to school to become a nurse. I talked with a college counselor and she told me that I can take what’s called Fast Track where I take an English and math class online and have to passing score to proceed onto college level courses. My dream is to become a nurse but I’m really afraid to try going to school because i might not be able to pass those math and English classes in order to proceed onto college levels and I heard that nursing school is hard. I do have a learning disability and didn’t do well in school but it also didn’t help that I could care less about my grades in high school BUT I know that if I do nursing school that I HAVE to work hard in order to be successful and pass it. I also have a 10 month old baby so it’s going to be even more difficult but I do have someone in my family to help me with my work. I just want to get a good job later down the road so I can be financially stable and be able to make a good paying job and nursing is my dream job. So should I try nursing school?

You won't know until you find out. Just work hard, study hard and do whatever you can to succeed. I was a bad student in high school much like you. Now I am in grad school with a 3.5 GPA. 

• Daniel

This is at least the 3rd time that you have asked.

Read the rules of Yahoo Answers and stop.

Before you worry about nursing school, start by taking gen ed and pre-reqs.  If you can't handle those, then you definitely aren't going to be able to hack nursing school.

Don't keep asking. Give up the fantasy & get real. You do not meet requirements to apply for admission to nursing school. You do not meet requirements to apply for admission to any university in any field. Consider alternatives at community college - but it will NOT be in nursing.

• Diane A

and your point is? This person is spamming this. They have been given all kinds of advice

If you don’t take it then you won’t be a nurse. If you take it and fail then you’re back where you started. If you pass it then you’re one step closer to being a nurse. 

I don’t know about you but I’d rather take a shot when there’s nothing to lose. It’s like basketball. The score is tied and there’s 2 seconds left. You get the ball. Why not take the last shot. If it goes it, team wins. If you kiss, it goes yo overtime. If you don’t take the shot, it’s overtime.