Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

I genuinely listen to others & am interested (aquaintances, friends, colleagues) but no one wants to listen to me. Is this usual?

Why does no one want to listen or chat to me?

Im not needy or full of ego or deaperate.

Why are people so “me me me”

Makes me feel like im useless

I do not sit there & talk about me!

• Cas
    Favorite Answer

Oh, heck. The same thing happens to me all the time. I listen you other peoples stories and react with interest. But when I tell a story, they change the subject or yawn. That is so rude.

• Rico

It’s one of the pitfalls of being empathetic.  Because we allow them to have all of our attention just to vent, once they’ve finished they have no need of our companionship.  This can be difficult when they appear to be asking for advice, but don’t give us a chance to speak. 

cause youre around the wrong people

I think it is usual nowadays--everyone seems to be narcissistic--I blame social media--facebook gives a platform to the eternally self centered--kids grow up thinking they are absolutely fascinating and that the world is all about them.