Car make scratchy sound when turning steering wheel all the way to right?

I have a 2008 Honda fit and it started making noise when I'm doing U turn right before steering wheel stops turning. I read up that I need to get my chassis and ball joints and what not lubed up but my mechanic said newer cars don't need that. But this only happens randomly. I was about to take it to mechanic this morning but the car decided not to make noise 😑 

I think the suspension is good still as the car doesn't bounce much when I try to push it down. It handles road bumps pretty well so I don't think shocks are the problem either. I checked clearance where the wheel turns but nothings in the way. I sprayed WD-40 silicone all over the suspension to see if it'd help but the noise was still there yesterday.

What could it be?? Does it really need chassis lube?

Sounds like it could be a failing CV boot, it's a common problem. It's like a clicking noise when you turn.

It might just be the tire rubbing on the fender well splash shield. However...Honda'a are known for the lower ball joints to rust up and then suddenly snap off so you better have a mechanic check it out before you crash.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech