How to say NO to customers who are my relatives and close friends too ask credit in my Pharmacy store?

Usually i don't give credit to most customers.

But i hesitate to say NO if the customer is a close friend or relative.

What you do in this situation?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

By merely saying "No, we do not give credit."

• Erik
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Just tell them no.  It's your business, you can do whatever you want.  When you say you "hesitate", it means you've already made exceptions for some people, and that's why you have this problem.

• TedEx
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

A true close friend would not be asking you for credit

• Judith
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I'd tell them no.  Why let friends/relatives take advantage of you?  If you feel you need to give them an explanation (I wouldn't) just tell them you can't afford to do so - you need the income to meet the expenses of running the business.  Tell them you give no one credit and your accounting isn't set up to do so.

You are a pharmacist - not a credit agency.  If they want credit they can use a credit card - and owe the credit card.  And so what if they take their "business" elsewhere?

And if you don't know how to say no - then good luck; you'll need it.  Not much of a businessman.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Tell them no because you simply cannot afford to do it.

• 3 weeks ago

Credit is extended by lending institutions...you are a pharmacist...

Get a credit card if they want credit...

• 3 weeks ago

"Rules say I don't have the legal ability to do that".

Don't start, once you allow one, you'll be taken advantage of.

• 3 weeks ago

Its absurd that you sell items on credit to anyone in 2020.

I don't know of any store that still offers store credit accounts where buyers can simply "buy" items on the promise that they'll pay for it later.

This practice has been almost completely replaced with credit cards. If a customer can't or doesn't want to pay for an item right away they use a credit card which allows them to finance it through the bank but you still get paid in a timely manner.

If I took over your store tomorrow the first thing I'd do is set up a merchant account with a credit card processing company so that I could allow customers to pay for purchases with credit cards.

The next thing I'd do is inform everyone with an existing credit account that they have 30 days to pay their balance owed in full or I would be selling the debt to a 3rd party debt collector.

Then I'd never allow anyone to buy anything on store credit ever again - regardless of whether they are friend, family or regular customer. They can pay with a credit card and finance it through their credit card if they want, but not with "credit" from me.

• 3 weeks ago

Just say no and tell them its "Store Policy." Evenif you are the store owner, its hard for them to argue with "Store Policy"

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I say no............

• Metallica3 weeks agoReport

You say No if the customer is a close friend or relative or regular customer??

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.