Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Based on the stuff this girl is doing should I assume that she’s unstable? ?

So I started talking to this girl and we’ve been on a couple dates. 

She’s 22 and so am I. Before we started talking she was posting a lot of drama online about her ex boyfriend (he’s 40 btw) saying that he’s a narcissist and he was talking to other women while they were together and she felt like she was competing for his attention. She really played up the victim card. 

Yet she unfollowed him on Instagram (she only has 30 followers and follows 45) but let’s him continue to follow her and she posts a lot of selfies of her all done up in makeup (red lipstick, fakes eyelashes, bra showing through her shirt). She says she deserves better then him and and today she posted this  

“I’ll see you when the road decides its time for our paths to cross again”  

And a few days before that she posted  

“Let me be while I have healing to do, I’ll come back when I’m ready” 

Does it seem like this girl is just playing games trying to make her ex see what life is like without her and pretend to move on but she’s actually trying to make him jealous and want her more. If not why like other men’s posts, post these seductive selfies, still let him follow her on Instagram and have an in in her personal life and post quotes like I mentioned ? 

Is she also a narcissist?

I think she is an attention junkie, among other things. Yeah. Unstable.

She needs to get whacked in the head by a hammer, stay away from her. 

Yes she is mentally unstable - most modern women are these days.

There is nothing wrong with you and you had the right to check her social media (most women check other people's social medias anyways).

I wouldn't say unstable but I would say she's trying to make him jealous and her throwing him under the bus and telling everyone the stuff that he did to her she's venting and she's sharing her pain but it doesn't need to be done on social media that makes her come off as an attention seeker. I think she's waiting for him to get it together and finally chose her over the other girls he's been talking to but she might be wasting her time because some people just don't grow up. I don't know her though i don't know if she's a narcissist but she's definitely trying really hard to make him jealous and make him see what he's missing. She's just a girl who is still hung up on her ex. 

• ron h

Be a casual friend.  More like an acquaintance.  When she starts telling you this crap, tell her you've got errands...  For drama go to a movie. Alone if you have to.

I don't think she's a narcissist but she is flakey.  Cut your losses.

Take what she will give, if it is no good then pass her to someone else.

• Alan H

Why bother the psychoanalysis?

You plainly do not think she’s right for you, so move on 

I refuse to get into any online drama with anyone. If you are so desperate for attention that you take your private personal relationships to social media then you have some serious problems. It is childish, rude and often embarrassing for other family members. So the fact she posts online drama about an ex should be a big red flag.

Yet I do agree you both seem very immature and not ready for a relationship with anyone. Who cares how many followers someone has or how they dress? It's odd you even bring that up.

• something fishy

You're funny this site is on line drama baby...and i see you here often.

She sounds unstable, but you sound even worse..... a very angry unpleasant stalker, even!

• Fireplace

What?? He doesn't sound angry at all. He's just never encountered this personality type before and doesn't know what to make of it. 

You both seem unstable to be honest

• something fishy

It is kinda sick if you want to date crazy. Plus shes still emotionally attached.