What is that theory that goes “if we die our consciousness is transfer to somewhere else”?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Transmigration of the soul. Its one of the three possibilities of what comes after life. The other two being nothing and a spiritual abode.

• Spa
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Did you fall asleep watching "Intersection" again?

And it's if you transfer your brain data into a backup server, you will be installed you can be resurrected in 3000 A.D. 

Source(s): Scify
  • Liz
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Idk but it isn't true. Once a person dies, everything that makes the person what he/she is ends - including consciousness. When the life force stops sustaining the human body, man—the soul—dies.—Psalm 104:29; Ecclesiastes 12:1, 7.

• It's not a theory....it's a myth.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

There is no formal name for it, but "consciousness beyond life" is a simpler way to say it. The Tibetan tradition of Bhuddism teaches that there is an “in between” or "bardo" state during which the "gandharva" or karmic complex (sometimes translated as “spirit,” but not a “soul”) exists in a disembodied, semiconscious state.

Source(s): Educating the world one dumbass at a time
  • j153e
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Pythagoras had the impression that souls, post-passing, metempsychosed to another body.   Souls have "I Am" consciousness, like Descartes' "I think, therefore I Am" and its also-true brother "I Am, therefore I think."

Saint Paul "died daily," which is to say, his Mind which was also in Christ Jesus resurrected and ascended daily.

Related: "Imagine Heaven" by John Burke;

"The Great Divorce" by C. S. Lewis.

• Roger
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's metempsychosis.

• 1 month ago

The concept of "reincarnation" can take on many forms.

• Quentin
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Somewhere else could be Purgatory, Heaven or Hell.

• 1 month ago

It depends where that other place is. If its a heaven there are lots of religions that have heavens including Christianity and Islam but if it sot another body then it would be reincarnation which is found in Hinduism.

• 1 month ago

That would be known as "Religion"!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.