New electric LOWES fireplace emits terrible odor. Now having rashes & hives when I am in that room w/o it even running. Any experiences?

Scott & Drew Ferguson model from LOWES, electric fireplace

Attachment image

4 Answers

Relevance
  • y
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    You say electric. I take that to mean no gas or other fuel supply at all. If true, electrical heaters often have a coating of oil that must burn off when first used, this takes a good 24 hour period to burn and allow to air out.

    • Log in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    It is new.  So complain at Lowes.  See what they can do for you.  Something is odd.

    • Log in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

    Get a lawyer .

    • Log in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    Sounds like you are a hypochondriac to me.

    • Log in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.