Why would fast food places call in so many people for interviews when the job is so easy, it cant be that hard to find someone?

I mean why waste all these people's time when its a simple job?

I went to six interviews this week at least and they dont hire me. I am nice and smile, I am not into drama. They say they look for someone who could be a nice fit with their team already.

Anyone whos there to work and not there for drama is a decent fit IMO?

Especially a quiet lowkey person like me. I want to work. Just seems a waste of time to call in people (i dont live next door so i have to travel far) for a 10 min interview and then afterward they cant even give you feedback on your performance or have the courtesy to personally call and reject you. 

Favorite Answer

I want to clear something up, the restaurant industry (and yes I include the fast food aspect of it in this), is NOT easy, it may look that way from the outside, but unless you have actually worked in the industry, you don't understand how demanding the job actually is.

The restaurant industry is high pressured, people in the kitchen have to work under hot conditions and be able to do 10 plus things at once, then there's the food safety aspect which everyone needs to be on top of at all times! That doesn't include the staff snapping at each other due to frustration, nor does it include dealing with at times very rude and and angry customers.

The reason why so many people are hired? It's because its a "high turn over" industry! The pay isn't great, and people won't put up with BS, so when something easier and better paying comes along they are out the door, and that person needs to be replaced ASAP.

As for why you aren't getting calls to reject you? It's quite simple for any company there are 100's-1000's of people who will apply for the job, the manager(s) just dont have the time to call everyone who didn't get the job to let them know, that alone would take up an entire work week, possibly longer to do so. Now I do agree on one thing, I despise when a manager will say "Oh we will get back to you in a week or two", thats a load of BS, they shouldn't even be saying that, it leads people on, I totally get that aspect of it.

Just keep applying you'll get a job.

Source(s): I work at a restaurant.
    • Erik

it is easy, it's just not fun, or effortless

• John

It helps to employ good workers.

• Erik

they think you're not smart enough

They are looking for more than job someone to show up...

Personally 

Eye contact

Speaking

Interacting with others.

Finding someone who will work, stay and learn position.

A lot more goes into it than you think...

Plus not as easy as you think...procedures, methods, practices,  company philosophy lots to learn

• H

Most people quit at these jobs fast so those who don't get the job are just back ups. 

They want to make sure you're trustworthy and will show up. Fast food jobs have revolving door employees that come and go monthly, they may want to sustain longer term prospects

They have lots of applicants and they call everyone in to see who might be a fit.  They also will likely hire more than then need...people flake on fast food jobs often.