What is the deadline for cash advance to show up in checking account?  A cash advance was done over 30 days ago.  The bank never recieved it?

Am I legally obligated to pay the credit card if the money never shows up?  What recourse do I have?

• Eva

You should have been on the phone to the credit card company already. They are usually processed within 10 days, and you would have received a statement on it by now. Are you sure it's posted to your card? If it is, you need to call the credit card company and have them put a trace on it.

• I have spoke with them and it is posted.  They were rude and said I owe the money.

Call the credit card company immediately and tell them that it didn't show up. If they sent it to the wrong checking account, the sooner they know, the more likely they are to be able to get it back.

• DEBS

They are wrong until they prove it. Demand the transaction evidence.  Then go to your bank with that information and find out from them why it never hit your account. If it is your bank error, then you have a beef with them for any interest/fees from the CC company.

• DEBS

It should be within a day or two if not sooner.  Something went wrong.  

No, you don't pay if you didn't receive it.  Talk with your credit card company and tell them the money never arrived and they need to reverse everything including any interest and/or fees.

On a side note, why would you even get a cash advance if you didn't actually need the money for over a month?  

• DEBS

Makes sense.  There's often an exception to the assumptions on the internet.