Please identify this printer piece from a Canon TS8260?

I removed a paper jam from my Canon TS8260 which misfed from the rear feed.  In the process of removing the jam I dislodged a tiny white piece of plastic (see photo).  It ended up in the cavity which houses the printer cartridge carriage.  The printer will print documents sent through the rear feed but it no longer will pick up the paper from the cartridge.  It sends the error message that there is no paper in the cartridge, but there is.  I assume that is because this piece of plastic is not in its proper place.  I can see where the piece has come from and cant find a name for it.  Anyone know?


That is I CANNOT see where it comes from.

Attachment image

2 Answers

  • 3 weeks ago

    UPDATE: Correction, it is printing from both the rear and the cassette feed.

    • Log in to reply to the answers
  • 3 weeks ago

    Looks like a paper guide of some sort. Problem is that there is no exploded view for parts on line.  (I looked....)  You may need to take this to a Canon repairman (or certified repair center) to replace the part.  

    • Vicky Parker
      Lv 6
      3 weeks agoReport

      Thanks for your input.  I didnt realise you had responded but I agree it is a paper feed but I have just discovered the printer is feeding from the rear  and cassette feed??? So I am going to ask the Canon people now.  Ta.

    • Log in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.