Can my new IP be banned if used from the same computer which had a previous IP block?

My previous IP was blocked on a website, now that I have changed addresses, will my IP change so I am able to access that site although I will be using the same computers/devices to access it? I haven't changed internet providers just changed addresses with a new modem. 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Lv 7
    8 months ago

it depends on how they are blocking. some don't use just IP. why not just try it and see?

• Adrian
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Already been answered:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20200...

Basically yes, they can still detect who you are if using the same machine but with different public IP address. They can still ban you.

• 8 months ago

If your public IP has changed, then a literal IP ban would be bypassed.

But using a mobile device hotspot or a public WiFi system - or just waiting for your provider to change the IP you are allocated - would also bypass such a block..

Because of that, most sites use several other techniques as well, depending how they are set up.

It's quite possible your new address will also be blocked once you access the site, either immediately or within a day or two.

It's down to the specific site and it's administrators as to what happens.

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Your public IP may have changed when you changed modems.

Do you remember your old IP?   Open Google and type "what is my IP" and you will see your current Public IP address assigned to your Modem/Router.

The Router in turn assigns a different IP to your computer, your Private IP.

Private IP/s are 192.168.xxx.xxx  or 10.10.xxx.xxx.  These Private IP's are not routed on the Internet.  Just between your PC and your Router.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.