Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 8 months ago

Handheld turkey pot pies, left overnight in fridge?

I cut pillsbury pie crust into 12 circles and filled with cooked turkey cutlet bites, carrots, peas, potato chunks, corn with 4 teaspoons fat free half and half and 1 cup chicken broth with spices. I than sealed the circles together with an egg wash to make mini hand held pot pies which I plan to air fry tomorrow. Can I leave these uncooked hand pies in the fridge in a tupperware container knowing it has egg wash on it and raw pie dough?

Update:

Thank you everyone for your help. I was concerned because I sealed the uncooked pie dough with a raw egg wash to contain the cooked meat in the pockets. Was worried about the raw egg since it is touching the meat filling inside it and also brushed the top of the pies with the egg wash.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Refrigerated they are fine.

• 8 months ago

of course you can.

the eggs would be fine in the fridge if you hadn't used them in the egg wash and so would the pie crust.

• 8 months ago

refrigerated they will be fine. The only problem you might have is any moisture could make the dough soggy so be careful when you pick them up

• Katie
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

They will be fine - it will allow the turkey and vegetables to absorb/take on the taste of the spices.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Yes. Sounds like a lot of work though.

• 8 months ago

It will be fine. You can make those ahead and bake later as long as they're stored properywhich it sounds like they are

• Olive
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Yea they will be perfectly fine in fridge

• 8 months ago

Yes. Just check the internal temperature after baking to see that it is at least 185 F.

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

OF course. Those items were in the fridge before you put them together, right???

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.