infected toe and sore throat?

i had a blister on my toe which starting off as dry skin, the blister formed into pus and popped. and now it seems infected, its red, swollen painful, and it looks like there's pus and blood. I also have a sore throat. i should prob go to my GP but ....

what should i do, its painful and really uncomfortable and ugly. 

• Edna

Forget about your sore throat. See your doctor about your toe. You may have developed cellulitis in your foot. I developed cellulitis from a cut (or rubbed spot)  between my big toe and the toe next to it, from the little strap that goes between those two toes when you wear flip-flops. My entire foot swelled up to twice it's normal size almost overnight, and was discolored, red, and painful. I'm been on antibiotics every 6 hours for over a week, and I'm still taking them.

• formerly_bob

I agree with Edna.  It would be a good idea to go to an urgent care clinic today if you can't see your primary care doc right away. 

• Diana

Set up a foot bath with Epsom Salts and hot water that's at a tolerable temperature.  Then, soak your foot in it for 10 to 15 minutes whenever it hurts.  Bring a timer and something to read while you're waiting.  This foot soaking method did wonders for my infected ingrown toenail problem!

However, you should still see a doctor, just to be on the safe side.  

• Andy C

If you see red streaks spreading up from the toe, don't wait for the regular doctor. It's ER time.

Go to your regular doctor first.

clean it, medicate it, bandage it ... and if the toe does not improve, see your GP

yeah u should see a doctor about this