Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Do you think I have bi polar depression?

I was diagnosed with acute anxiety several years ago. It's been terrible for the past couple years. My mom kept begging me to go to a therapist, but I was too stubborn. I finally agreed. My therapist, and I came to the conclusion that I have severe anxiety, that's effecting my day to day life, and he wanted me to talk to my doctor to try some medication. I went to talk to my doctor, and she asked me if I feel high sometimes. I asked what she meant, and she said like you feel like you can take on the world. I wouldnt say I feel like I could take on the world, but I have moments of feeling like everything's going to be okay. And like I feel really confident, and out going. But it only lasts a few moments, than I go back to my normal down in the dumps self. I often think of suicide during my down in the dumps periods, but I didnttell her that. I wasnt sure what bi polar depression was until she said she suspects I have it. Does it sound like I have it?

Not at all. Bipolar moods last weels or months and even hypomania is more extreme than what you've described. No doctor should diagnose a patient with bipolar without witnessing their them during a manic/hypomanic episode and one that does is simply trying to diagnose you with an incurable mental illness that guarantees ongoing business for them. Bipolar medication is often an antipsychotic which will make you gain weight, leave you unable to feel any pleasure as it lowers your dopamine levels, it will make you sleep most of the time and leave you unable to think clearly. Most corrupt doctors stick their 'bipolar patients' on every medication going so you walk out with an antidepressant, a benzo, a couple of antipsychotics, an anti-convulsant and maybe lithium as well. My sister went through this and when she returned to the UK the psychiatrist laughed at the diagnosis, stopped all her meds and she's been fine ever since. Ups and downs are a normal part of the human experience but can be more extreme in people with depression.

• Nicholas1 month agoReport

Yes, I was skeptical when she said that. I'm hesitant to go on medication, but I'm certain I have anxiety, and depression, and I dont want to feel like this anymore.