Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 8 months ago

If I have a College diploma in something I don't like, can I take a whole different program in University?

i'm gonna get a social service worker diploma at seneca but idk if i wanna do that anymore. i might switch it to psychology or something at yorku. is that even allowed? or do i have to stick to the program i took in college?

2 Answers

  • 8 months ago

    Did you thoroughly study the university's website, prerequisites, requirements to apply for admission? If you meet requirements, and it's what you want, go for it.

    People change their minds all the time. The average adult changes careers, not just their job, at least 3 times over their working life these days.

  • 8 months ago

    Yes, that usually is allowed. A college diploma certificate is not necessarily a college degree. A university has multiple colleges and schools. You need yo decide which college and degree programs they offer you want to apply yo. You do NOT have to decide a major. You can apply undecided. Many colleges of universities font allow to officially declared a major for almost 2 Yeats. Engineering colleges may give you a year to decide what type of engineering. Many college students change their majors am average of 3 times. Many colleges allow you yo earn a second, postgraduate .bachelors degree. I have 2 bachelors degrees from the same college of the same university. I did not double major.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.