Has anyone had sex before 6 weeks after giving birth?

• MissA

Sure, loads of people have.

It increases your risk of getting a dangerous infection but it's by no means insta-deadly.

You can, but you risk a life threatening infection.

Your uterus has an open wound. That is the reason you cannot have sex without risking your health.

• sarah

I had it after about three weeks. Not the best decision since I had a vaginal birth that left me with a periurethral tear and stitches that still weren't entirely dissolved yet.

• sarah

I'm not sure how long it took for them to totally dissolve...but at around a month postpartum, I finally felt like I could pee without wanting to faint, lol, so I'd say about a month.

Yes, plenty of women have.  A large number of those women develop life-threatening infections and complications.  Some even died.  There's a reason women are told to wait at least six weeks, and it isn't just to rest up.

My aunt did and 9 months later 2nd baby arrived and 10 months later 3rd baby arrived etc, she had 8 babies most 9-10 months between most of them and she mainly used the pull out method. Personally I was too tired for several months after my daughter was born

• nalla

Sure as soon after the birth we went home and did the deed she is now expecting again whoops!!!

• edward

My wife wasn’t in the mood to have sex, we were barely sleeping i can’t blame her