Why do teens have kids ?

My wife was 19 when she had her first daughter she's now 27 we got 3 kids together her oldest son isn't mine she had him with her ex. My ex wife had our son when she was 17 she and her husband have a kid shes having another one she's only 24. One of my cousins had twins when she was 16 she's only 22 she's got 5 kids. One of my wife's friends had a kid when she was only 13. Why do so many teenagers have kids ? 

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Sometimes i dont think girls are told they have other options.

Girls often think when they have a baby they are an adult

They might not have positive edcated females guiding them

No one in family has an education,  degree and career...so optional are low

Years of families on welfare...often girls learn that.

If girls were told all their options, educated and helped with career placement their life would be vastly different 

• 4 weeks ago

Because the males in their life keep wanting to have sex with them and they oblige you.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Not today's generation, most of these girls are feminist, and even if they get pregnant they'll just have an abortion..

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

For the same reason you had the other two.

The way of producing them is enjoyable, and

the consequences are not considered 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Mystic
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Irresponsibility. They want to have "fun" and have sex, but yet they don't want to take the proper steps to do so SAFELY. Condoms are easily available without a prescription and you do not need an ID. Just walk into a store that sells them a buy them. Teen girls can get on birth control, but it's a little tricky at times. They may be embarrassed to ask their parents about it. If they are TOO young (like under 16), a doctor may not prescribe it for them. They can use the excuse they'd like to regulate/skip their period or manage problematic PMS symptoms, and then use it to prevent pregnancy as well. The pull-out-method is NOT a good idea on its own. Many adult men can have issues with "control" and "timing" and that is even harder for a hormonal teenage boy.

Overall, there are definitely ways to help prevent unplanned pregnancy. Using a condom is pretty effective when the condom is used properly. For added protection, wear a condom AND pull out before "finishing". For even better advice, when you are under 18, just simply AVOID having sex. Not having sex is the only 100% surefire way to avoid pregnancy.

• 1 month ago

Becaue they are young and inexperienced and idealistic. They think they are adults and can handle everything better than their elders. They have sex with their much-loved boyfriends and probably don't expect to get pregnant so quickly. Having a child makes a girl grow up VERY quickly indeed as a new life is a responsibility she's never had before. The boiyfriends get jealous because they don't have the same doting girlfriend giving them ALL their attention (because there's a baby to look after) and the relationships break down. They might well have broken down anyway, but the child often hastens the ending.

• 1 month ago

Actually fewer teens are having children with the availability of birth control.

• 1 month ago

Usually it's because a guy(s) wanted to have sex with them, pressured them and didn't use any protection to prevent pregnancy.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Aw look, you've changed your name to Nikki. Will you start pretending to be Nikki Sixx now? Since you've already pretended to be Mick Mars, Marilyn Manson, Brian May, etc...

You don't have a wife, Sherlock. We know this.

• g
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because no one stressed the importance of birth control, barrier protection or even self restraint. I know a young lady - under 30 - three children with three different men/boys, first one born just before her high school graduation.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.