What's this discoloration on my leg?

About 8 weeks ago I noticed this line on my leg and it was not raised. But lately I've noticed it's been getting bigger and darker in spots and I'm really kind of nervous and don't have a primary care yet, so I'm hoping that maybe somebody has seen it and knows what it is. No pain or itching, no bumps bruises Cuts or injuries.

Injuries like this are often caused by direct pressure on the area.   Without even noticing it,  any situation where you support your leg on a hard object can cause bruising.  A common cause is leaning or supporting your leg on the rung of a desk.   Se if you can figure out what you are doing to cause the bruising.  The bruise looks like it is caused by a square metal or wood bar that's roughly 1" wide. 

• JonZ

Are you on blood thinners? It could be blood vessels bleeding just under the skin and the blood pooling - it looks like bruising or dark spots, brown to reddish in color. It's often not a worry but you should have it looked at. 

i would go see your doctor about it and if you want to ask this on healthtap.com a real doctor will email you back

• Carson

Its a bruise thats about 8 weeks old and in the last stages of healing.