Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 4 weeks ago

What can I do to feel comfortable around women?

So the situation is that I'm a 33-year-old accountant that is not particularly comfortable communicating with women casually. Professionally, I am, but socially/casually, I'm not.

I understand it's very late in my life to attend to this issue but better late than never.I want to do something about it and I understand that it will take time.

So I thought that working at a clothing store, in the weekends, where I face women consistently, where I can small talk, would be the best place to start However, I'm not sure if this is a good or a bad idea because the extent of an interaction at a clothing store might never get past a small talk. But, maybe, initially to get rid of my nerves, this might be a good thing.

I wanted to gather your opinions and see what you guys think. I thought about working at a casual fine dining restaurant, but I'm not good-looking by society's standards and I'm not big either. So that's out of the picture.

Is working at a clothing store a good start to remove some nerves ?

Truthfully? Don't.

In the #Metoo era where the way to a woman's heart is through her ego then the appeal wears off near instantly.  Even if you take into account that the only thing a relationship provides anymore exclusively is supposed access to sex, many women are now so lazy in bed that even then men are doing all the work while women just lie on the bed like a corpse or a starfish and avoid eye contact the entire time from start to finish...and then you as the guy can't even feel anything the entire time from her being stretched out by so many other men that ultimately you are having to finish with your hand anyways...

...Disturbing in the details i will admit, but this has become the norm for what is available to men in the dating market and thats not even factoring in all the problems if they are a single mother.

Best advice? Keep doing what you are doing and go MGTOW.  Best way to stay safe is to not start in the first place.

WOMEN are humans just like yourself and regardless should be treated with respect and will surely cast an image of yourself as a respectful person and as a man,and regardless always speak the truth and be proud of who you are. 

• When sadism, pleasure derived from the suffering of another, is the newest form of female empowerment engaged in by feminist and non-feminist women then women are to not be respected but avoided.

I would say stop thinking of them as women and just think of them as another person to relate to. It’s difficult to be comfortable around someone when you think of them as different.

Stop preying on the customer women they know you are working and it is hard for them to distinguish between friendliness of customer service and genuine flirtation.  Instead look to your peers who work with you or elsewhere.  Use their networks to score.  You will have more commonalities.  R.I.P. Kobe

Just show them your paycheck stubs. 

• TIMOTHY3 weeks agoReport

I have complete trust and I would like to reset the situation with no other questions or concerns

I used to know this guy that could pick up women all the time. It was crazy. A group of us went to lunch one time and waitress was very pretty. By the time we were leaving, the waitress was asking him for his phone number ! So one day I asked him, dude how do you do it. His answer was very simple. He said that 9 times out of ten women are more nervous than men. They are human too. That was really it.

Now you also need to realize it's a numbers game. Some women are committed and won't respond to you. Some may not be looking for a boyfriend, some may not be your type. In the end though the ones that are available you'll have better success when you realize they are just as or more nervous than you. Some judge themselves more harsh than any man would. You'll feel and appear more confident. Go in with that attitude and it will help.  

Alcohol usually helps. 

• 3 weeks agoReport

He’s at work you tard.

you can use perfume 

"And what is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered." Emerson

So your a weed…….Be The Tree.  Notice I did not say A tree I said The Tree. 

You are valuable, important and like all others have needs. Go Get em.  

honestly, its really just simply talking to them like you would with another guy, 

there really is no magic pill to it.

like with anything in life, you just simply do it till you get more comfortable 

guys who attract women just simply put themselves out there and get to know a woman to see if they match or not.

the fact is that even guys that have no trouble getting women interested still get rejected.

you just simply have to talk to them without trying too hard. ask them questions. don't take it too seriously. ask for her number.