promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is this sentence correct? ?

It's good to be ignorant about yourself in some ways because my journey of self-discovery led me to depression.  

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

The sentence is 100% grammatically correct. You might want to break the sentence up into two sentences though, to communicate your point more effectively.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • RP
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, but you might also consider: It's good to be ignorant about yourself in some ways because my self-discovery led to depression.

• 2 months ago

You have a pronoun problem. You're using "yourself" in the generic sense, meaning everyone, but then you say "my journey". Don't switch like that. I think you're trying to say "It was better when I was ignorant about myself because my journey of self-discovery resulted in depression."

• Laurie
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

The grammar is correct. The content is specious and, I think, just plain wrong.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Try: “My journey to self-discovery led me to depression. In some ways, ignorance is bliss.”

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

In addition to Anonymous's input, which is spot-on, you'd need a comma before the word "because."

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

It is correct neither ideologically nor grammatically.  Ideologically, it relies on a logical fallacy.  Grammatically, it improperly jumps from speaking of yourself with the hypothetical "you" to speaking of yourself with the literal "me."

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.