Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Theists: Do you have evidence to meet your burden of proof without using the Bible?

44 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

First cause what created the universe 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Billions of changed lives. 

Checkmate moron

• Zhu
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Often it allows people to think "I'm better than THOSE PEOPLE!" 

• 1 month ago

When others have seen God working through you and say 

"There's something different about this person" 

You don't need a 'Bible!'

The burden of proof has been proven without using a 'Bible!'

"And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power" (I Corinthians 2:4)!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Your Q is only addressed to Jews and Christians, as only they take the Bible to be God's word to humanity. (Jews using the old Hebrew part alone.) A few billion theists never use the Bible. Well, as a Christian, I can assure you that even if I'd never seen a Bible, I would still believe in God, convinced of His existence, due to divine interventions in my life at three critical points; once when a little child, second when in my mid-20s, and third when in my early 50s. 

I also know that many people who came to believe in Jesus in their early adulthood or later had never seen a Bible. And over the centuries, loads of believers in God and Christ couldn't read, or there was no Bible translated into the language they could read. The Bible is very important for a well-grounded faith but even if you couldn't get access to one, there are still evidences for God to be found in other ways.

• 1 month ago

Perhaps none of them can meet their personal responsibilities without their bible.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If ten of my friends each tell me they know Jim Smith, then I take that as clear evidence that Jim Smith must exist, even though I have not met met Him. If hundreds of millions of intelligent people state that they know God, and live in daily relationship and communication with Him, what am I going to do? Tell them they are all imagining the same thing, and look like an idiot?

• ...Show all comments
    • miyuki & kyojin
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

5,400,000,000 people not believe in God. You tell Japanese they imagine Amaterasu, tell Hindud they imagine Brahma, Vishnu & Shiva, etc.????

• 1 month ago

Yes, Einstein, but the burden of proof is YOURS by the law of Parsimony. The best supported alternative must be the default. Every year millions experience God for themselves. You should, too. It's the logical thing to do. Don't bother moving the goalposts. It's more evidence than you have to shore up your fantasy that there is no God.

• ...Show all comments
    • antonius
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Atheists don't have to shore up any fantasies, that is you god thingie believers who live within fantasies. Your answer is a fantasy.l

• 1 month ago

Evidence for what?  Are you asking for evidence of God, or Jesus Christ, or miracles, or historical credibility or what?  You need to be specific.

If it's that you want evidence of God, I can assure you that you have it.  God is evident in the world around us because God is CREATOR.

You know that no human being could ever hang our earth in the sky on nothing. No human being could create the moon, Sun, stars.  

Be honest with yourself - human beings cannot even create a blade of grass - let alone a beautiful eyeball and a  human being who has a brain and a spirit to connect with God our heavenly Father.

Just look around you at the beautiful animals, birds, trees, flowers, fish, etc., - GOD CREATED ALL OF THEM AND US and all the planets and this world and universe.

Think about it seriously and you will realize only too readily that there has to be a wonderful CREATOR who designed and created all this beauty.  MAN COULD NEVER DO IT THAT'S FOR SURE

• ...Show all comments
    • miyuki & kyojin
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Izanami and Izanagi are creators in Japan's Kami no Michi, Brahma is creator in India's Hinduism, etc. World around us is evidence of them. 

• 1 month ago

We have no burden of proof.  Believe or don't.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
    • ...Show all comments
    • miyuki & kyojin
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

You never answer such questions in nearly 2000 years. So if someone believe in other gods, that is true. Paranoid schizophrenics have delusions they believe, and jon pike say that true for them. Actually, beliefs have inadequate evidence and may be contrary to evidence, so beliefs are worthless. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.