Is Being a Film Actress Similar To Being a Porn Star?

There are SO many sex scenes on movies and TV, it's unbelievable.

Let's face it, if you take off your clothes and pretend to hump on screen for money, isn't that pornography?'

A lot of actresses won't do nude or sex scenes.

You sound like a porn actress who's trying to rationalize her career choice.

Rose, I think it's a pretty good idea at trying to play Devils Advocate but I'm not buying it as the two are completely different. 

• Athena

Only in your mind.

No, pretending to hump on screen is not pornography any more than pretending to kill someone on stage is murder.  

That fact is having sex is part of being human.  It's one major way people relate to each other.  For some people it's a big motivation for their choices and their actions. It makes sense that there are times where it would be an important part of a story.  But I do agree, that there are too many gratuitous sex scenes in movies.  Yet it's interesting that here in America people complain about sex yet have no problem with the incredible amounts of violence.

No because some of the sex scenes are fake and some are real. Porn is all acting. Though both you get paid for but porn your actually having sex. Movies however most of the time is special effects though like I said some of it is real but porn is all over the internet and movie sex scenes not as much. Hopefully this made sense. (probably not but I tried to help)

• Cogito

No, not at all.

Real actors don't have any real sexual contact with their co-actors.  Many actors don't do that sort of work anyway.

I agree that so many TV shows and movies have far too many graphic sex scenes, but that's what sells, unfortunately.

Some scenes may indeed be seen to be pornographic, albeit soft porn.

But that doesn't mean that actors are doing porn!

Basically, the answer is yes. 

• Carson

It would be considered soft porn.

The difference is that film actors do other things in their scenes, but I get your point. Hollywood does seem to pander to the lowest common denominator nowadays. Low hanging fruit is just too tempting to pass up I guess.