Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 8 months ago

Is capital one a good credit card?

'Good' in what sense?

Good for someone who has no or bad credit - then yes, its an excellent card as they will accept you

Good for someone who wants a competitive interest rate - then no, its not a good card

• Erik

I have one, and of the three I have it is the highest APR, currently about 19.8%.  So be careful.

I used mine for years until Costco came out with their card and better rewards.  I used it once or twice a year just to keep it active.  I used to also use it when I was out of the country as they were one of the few with no foreign currency fees but that is no longer the case.  I do have good credit, not everyone is eligible for the same card.

• User

Some Capital One credit cards are highly-rated

https://www.nerdwallet.com/the-best-credit-cards?t...

Capital one is a bank, not a credit card.

They offer dozens of different credit cards as just a small sub-set of financial products they offer.

I'm sure some of their credit cards are good, I'm sure they also have some basic no-frills cards that are good for someone who is just starting to build credit or rebuild credit.

You have to be more specific.