Anonymous

Are British people jealous of Americans?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Some of them. But I'm pretty sure they also find them low-life.

• Will.
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

No. I am sorry to say that there is nothing to be jealous about.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I  doubt it  very much

• 1 month ago

LOL I don't think most of them are. What makes you think that? That's like asking if Canadians are jealous of the French.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • They used to be in the 40s and 50s when we had indoor plumbing and abundant food and they didnt. Not sure about now! 

• Robin
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

what a load of tosh

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Hmmm.... let me think. That would be 'no.'

About 30 years ago little teen kids in Britain imagined America was like the movies. As they grew up, they found that was wrong. Niow even the youngest usually have phones and internet  access so they can see that the grass is definitely not greener...

A few people aspiring to be big-time actors or work for big US companies might want to go, but most...

Don't like American healthcare. In fact, it horrifies them that people get cut off for leaving a job, for having a pre-existing condition, for being poor etc.

Don't like excess guns. Americans seem paranoid of each other and trigger happy.

Don't like your cops. Cops in the UK can be approached without fear.

They also find, depending where they are in the US, that some parts lack history and culture.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I think you meant "envious".

And no, I spend a lot of time in the UK and know many British people. I've seen no evidence that they are "envious" of us.

Why would they be?

• 1 month ago

Why would anybody British be jealous of Americans. I worked in New York

for 2 years so glad to get back to the UK.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, not at all.

Why would I want to live in a country where there are so many religious lunatics, where they allow people to own guns, where they have a president who is a total idiot and where they allow people to die if they can't afford medical treatment?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Nope. Why would British people be jealous of dumb, classless Americans. I think British people are superior to Americans in terms of intelligence, culture and etiquettes.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.