Slab Granite?

Slab granite? I install custom tile showers and and want to start incorporating slab granite for corner seats, curbs, and nitches on my own without involving another party. What are my options as far as purchasing the stone without having to buy a whole slab? And where could I find it?

• KLB

I do not recommend granite for the shower, I once knew a guy who used granite pieces as steps on his land. They became so slippery when wet, he had to remove them.

Most stone dealers will cut fancy shapes for you, often from computer files. I doubt you are set up for water jet cutting and polishing, so you will need to rely on the experts.

• Ann

Check for local granite sellers, you might be able to buy some small pieces they have from cuts done for other customers.   if you want to buy a large piece, they will usually cut to order for you

Try buying granite floor tiles.  Not cheap.