promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why do gays have more rights than straight people?

My boyfriend got arrested for fighting. But they’re trying to say it’s a hate crime because the guy he beat up is gay. How is that fair? Would the gay have been arrested for a hate crime if he’d beat up my boyfriend? No. It’s ridiculous that gays are so over-protected nowadays.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

IT is written a time will come in the last days that man will accept that witch is righteous wrong and that witch is unrighteous right.  

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Nice story. I didn't know that there was room under the bridge for a bar.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Assuming your story is true (which there is a 99% chance it isn't), let me ask for a crucial detail - Was your boyfriend attacking the man BECAUSE he was gay, or in self-defense, or for another reason?

If it was because he was gay, then that is a hate crime. I don't know if attacking someone because they are straight falls into a hate crime too, but if it doesn't, then you are so right, it should.

If it was because he (the gay man) attacked your boyfriend first, then he should be able to cite self defense in court (he democratically has the right to a fair trial).

If it was for another reason, then it depends what the reason actually was.

In general, it doesn't look too good for your boyfriend right now.

• 2 months ago

Did your boyfriend attack him BECAUSE he was gay?  If yes, then it is a hate crime.  There are no additional rights, the purpose of a hate crime is that you act BECAUSE of what they are (Black/White/Hispanic/Asian/Gay/Bi/Trans).

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Cool story bro....

• 2 months ago

I don't believe you, sorry. If what you're saying happens to be true, you need to change your mind.

• 2 months ago

You are selective on details.

Your boyfriend did not get arrested for fighting. He was arrested for assault.

No one is allowed to hit another person.

Based on what you describe he was arrested for assaulting a person because he identified as being gay.

• 2 months ago

Motivation has to be determined before it's considered a hate crime, not just that one is gay and one is straight. Also, who started it.

• 2 months ago

What's crazy is that you think it's just fine your boyfriend beat anyone up, let a lone a gay guy. He should go to jail for assault and possibly a hate crime. 

The fact you think we have more rights is straight up ignorant and sad. Educate yourself on LGBT rights and history and tell your boyfriend to stop beating people up. That's not how civilized people handle things. 

• John2 months agoReport

Has no one ever loved you? aw

• 2 months ago

what is ridiculous is how you word your question 

you are pretty much saying its unfair that a bully gets criticized for being a bully 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.