Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 8 months ago

What is the best brand of TV overall?

• Simon

I used to sell televisions for a living. Right now the best overall brands is kind of a three to four way tie depending on what features and capabilities you want. There is no one single brand that is better than another out of these four. 

But these four are better than everyone else I would say. Panasonic is one. But they no longer sell their TV's in the United States. Mainly just in Europe and Japan. So that leaves the other three big ones for the US. 

Samsung, LG and Sony. Sony however does use LG OLED panels when it comes to their OLED TV's. Just with Sony's own calibrations set on them. 

You can't go wrong with any of these brands though. It just depends on what capabilities you want. LG and Sony OLED TV's produce the absolute best of the best in terms of image quality. But Samsungs produce the best when it comes to LCD panels. (Aka...QLED) 

OLED produces slightly better colors and deeper blacks than Samsung's QLED TV's. However Samsung's QLED TV's are better for gaming or being used as computer monitors since they won't suffer from image burn in like a OLED panel will with to many static images being displayed on screen.

So OLED from Sony, Panasonic, or LG produce the best of the best in image quality. So these are the best for watching movies and general TV shows. 

Samsungs are the best for TV shows as well, but not quite as good for movies. However they are better for gaming and especially for PC use, since they won't get ruined by the static images these entertainment platforms can produce. 

So pros and cons to both screens. OLED better richer colors and deeper blacks. But susceptible to screen burn in. 

QLED still excellent image quality, but shy of OLED. Doesn't suffer from burn in.        

• falcon

Sony it's a  reliable company

I would say sony

One that shows television programmes,

I've had the best results with Samsung products 

• Cathy

I like Panasonic 

Panasonic, but that brand has left the TV business,

so now you get to choose from Sony, Samsung, Toshiba, Hitachi, and LG.

• .

I think Sony.  But since they're so cheap these days and last for 15-20 years, it really doesn't matter much. 

Whichever one "mysteriously" falls off the back of my delivery truck

I thought overalls were generally unisex. A transvestite overall would be pointless.