Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Do you think my doctor is mad at me?

I had an appointment scheduled for today. The receptionist called me yesterday, and for some stupid reason I thought it was on thursday. I think I thought it was on Thursday because my mom mentioned she was taking her dog to the vet on thursday. Shes the one who made my appointment, so I got mixed up between the 2, and thought mine was on Thursday. The receptionist called my mom, and said I wasnt there. My mom called me, and said she told the receptionist that I was on my way. I arrived 15 minutes after my scheduled appointment, and they were on lunch, at least I assume so, since it's around that time, and the door was locked.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

It's frustrating when people no-show. Have it written down in your phone's calendar, your To-Do list, physical planner if you have one, etc. There are ways to prevent yourself from missing appointments.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Missing your appointment is rude because that time was scheduled just for you and when you didn't show up, that takes away an appointment that someone else could've used.  He understands that missed appointments do happen.

• 4 weeks ago

No. If you were only 15 minutes late, you didn't really commit a sin because you aren't the only person who can be late (i.e. the doctor can be late too).

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i would hope not

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Chanel
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I don't think your doctor will be mad at you.They see hundreds of patients.

Make another appointment so you can explain to the doctor what happened the last time.

If you are not comfortable with this doctor you could change to another practice.

• 1 month ago

Wow 15 minutes and they couldn't see you.  If it was a problem, the receptionist should have told your mother to not bother and to reschedule the appointment.  Instead you show up 15 minutes late and they lock their door and charge you anyways.  I would change doctors/clinics.  There are so many.

• g
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Doubtful they're "mad," but it's frustrating when someone no shows for an appointment. That means someone else wasnt able to get in because the doctor had a patient (you) booked for that time. If you do it again they may bill you a missed appointment fee.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.