Kia Soul or chevy Spark?

Car nerds and car pros which do you think is better between these two? Looking for something to save gas money per gallon and have a little fun in the pedal. I been researching too. 

Favorite Answer

While I'm not impressed with either car, the Kia Soul is the better car. Can't believe that I said that, but the Chevy spark as the horrible of a vehicle. A turbo Spark might be more fun, but poor reliability negates that. I wouldn't recommend either (the Kia is said to be very reliable), but if you are given a choice between the two, you're better off riding with the hamsters.

I was raised by a Mechanic Granddad and a dad. I have worked on Chevy's / GMC's I owned a KIA Optima and have driven rental KIA's as well. I would take a new Kia over a GMC/Chevy any day because they have 100K mile warranties. My KIA never made it to the 100K miles only because my wife wrecked it twice, the second time she totaled it. That car was strong and I knew it would have made it some 6 to 10 years after the100K miles was reached. I ran Slick 50 in all my engines and they never gave me any problems. My wife ran hers to hardly any oil and it did not burn up the engine. I kept up on my maintenance on my cars. I thought she did on her own since I taught her how, but found out she didn't the hard way.

• Anton

Talking new?  The KIA is considerably bigger and expensive -- nearly two feet longer, an engine nearly 50% bigger.  What do you want out of a vehicle?  Big, comfort, smaller, agile?  Fun?  IMHO, after over a half century, "It is more fun driving a slow car fast than driving a fast car slow."

• Since they are built to outlast 100K miles because that is how long they are warrantied for if you buy it new then it should make it fine used also as long as you keep up on the maintenance. It should go 3 times that at least.

• g

As far as overall reliability and quality the Kia Soul is superior.  

• Eva

Drive both to find which one you find more comfortable, but I would choose the Kia as being more spacious and comfortable.