Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Would you live up to 1,000 years old if you could?

I wouldn’t. It’s extremely selfish and I wouldn’t want to be rejected by women for 1,000 years as an incel haha.

If I could be healthy and find a way to support myself for that long I might be interested.

• rick

There would have to be a lot of conditions met before I would want this. As I close in on 100, I'm beginning to wonder if I even want to go that long.

Depends. If I still age at the same rate I sure don't want to live like a 100 year old wheelchair-bound frail whisp on oxygen for another 900+ years lol.

If I could age at a proportionate rate to the lifespan increase I probably would choose to do so.

LOL... and meanwhile, i don't see why it's selfish to live a thousand years if a person wants to but i doubt it's going to happen

• Bill

That would depend entirely on how I aged. If there was a way to keep people young in body and mind for a thousand years there is no reason to not accept that deal. 

On a related note, we actually know what causes aging and research is being done to stop aging. If that research bears fruit the day could come when people could live longer and not age when doing it. 

Would I age as normal or would I be 40 for 800 or so of those years, progress into my 50s the 900th year, and my 60s for the last 100 before my death?  If so, I could go for that.  

yeah i would, i like life

• Adam

yes i would live 4 times that long if i could

• Mark

No, because likely the brain would continue to "flatten out", so you'd be more or less a mindless idiot by 200 years.

I’d like to live forever if I could.