How long do you have to wait to resume sex after a tubal ligation REVERSAL surgery?

Some say 1 week, some say 2 weeks... the place I went says 6 weeks!!!!

Just to resume sex NOT try and conceive (in other words use protection)

Back in 1985 they told my wife 6 to 8 weeks.

the place I went says 6 weeks!!!!   Why would you doubt them?  They finished chopping out your guts.  6 weeks is NORMAL...or you will be a bleeder and DIE.  If anything I would double it...just to be on the safe side for we all do not heal at the same speed.

You do realize that your body needs to HEAL - right.

If you have sex too soon - your body might not heal correctly and the reversal might fail.

You should always follow your doctor's instructions because they know what is right for the procedure that they did.

The information you are finding from other sources might not be the exact same method he used to try for the best outcome for your situation.  

If the place you went says 6 weeks, then it's 6 weeks.  You do understand you follow the directions of the actual doctor you go to, not random strangers online, right? 

However long the doc that did the surgery told you to wait

You follow the instructions from your doctor. Not strangers online. Your doctor said 6wks for a reason, she/he didn't just pull that number from a hat. If you can't trust your doctor then find a new one.