Will i go to jail?

I had a party for my 18th birthday last Sunday. I supplied alcohol to minors and a “friend” of my sister and i (shes 14) invited a guy over (i happen to have known him his whole life) and hes 17 and Jessica asks him to have sex and he tells her no bc shes drunk and she insisted that she wasn’t and they did end up having sex for about 15 minutes. When they finished she told me she was on top the whole time and she was seemingly proud of herself. Kyle left and the next day she invited him over again and had sex with him a second time while sober. Jessica’s mom found out about this and to save her own self she told her mom that Kyle had raped her which is not true by any means. Jessica was interrogated by the cop and she left the part where she let him come back over out whereas my sister and i told the cop he had. I lied to the cop about where i got the alcohol in attempt to protect the person i got it from but my sister ended up telling him where i got it from and she also told him that I drove intoxicated that night which is also, what i left out. The cop was pretty upset that i had lied to him but when i asked him what was gonna happen next he said “well i guess you’ll go to school tomorrow and we’ll keep in touch”. 

I’m so scared, i have a spotless record without even a speeding ticket. What are the chances of me being arrested? 

I’m worried about being convicted of accessory to rape as well. 

Favorite Answer

It will depend on the state you live in.  They can't prove you were drunk while you drove but in my state you could be charged with contributing to minors.

Depending on your state it could be statutory rape. 

Ok back it up here, you didn't clarify which country you are in, or if your in the states which state you are in. The thing is different countries have different laws here for supplying booze to minors.

What are the chances of you being arrested? There's a chance, but I'd say it's low! The officer had more than enough grounds to nail your *** for serving booze to a minior and for obstruction the other day but didn't, if he wanted to arrest you he would have. 

You seem very immature to me, and quite frankly, maybe being arrested and dealt with by the courts is exactly the "grow up" lesson you need here! Not only did you willingly give booze to a minor, your actions contributed to the rape of another, you drove drunk (could have killed someone), and on top of that you tried to STILL cover your own *** when confronted by a police officer. All you STILL care about is you and how this impacts you! Do you not understand that a person was raped? How do you think they felt going through that? Do you grasp your sister could have died at your own hands? What if that happened then what? Do you grasp you could have injured or killed someone else by driving drunk? What about the fact you wasted hours of the police officers day and a guy who was merely just trying to do his job to earn a living?

Instead of being a selfish little girl here, consider this your grow up lesson! Be grateful nobody was injured or killed because of your vast immaturity, selfishness, and stupidity! What needs to happen next? 

1. You apologize to your friend , and you let her know how wrong you were to give her booze and that in the future you will never do this again.

2. You apologize to your friend that was raped, and even then is that merely enough?

3. Never again do you touch booze, you have shown you are far too immature to do this! If you need to go to rehab to get your drinking under control, than so be it!

3. I really think you need to seek out the officer and let him know you supplied the booze, and that you did the wrong thing by covering it up after the fact! By you going to see him, it shows a sliver of maturity on your end, its the right thing to do here.

Even if you get arrested? So be it, quite frankly, I think it needs to happen for this to truly sink in that this isn't some little game, that you ****** up real bad and need to take your lumps here.

Will you do jail time? There's a small possibility, in some cases jail time can be several months for it! However, given this is a first time offence, I'd wager you'd get slapped with a very heavy fine (1000's of dollars), and you might get hit with community service and probation.

Grow up time begins now, you may legally be an adult, but you are such a little girl who isn't worthy of the title "adult".

• abby1 month agoReport

If someone had actually been raped in my home then yes i would be terrible about it but she lied about being raped and that was proven. I did tell the cop I’m the one who supplied the alcohol and i was charged with that. Not to mention it was my first time drinking in general. 

Okay troll. This is still an EPIC FAIL. You aren't smart at all. SO you are still posting these asinine minor porn incest and rape stories, clearly from all of this pedophile rubbish it is certain that you need a lot of mental health support. Normal people don't post rape stories about minors.

• abby1 month agoReport

Also, incest? Porn? And pedophile rubbish? The guy was underaged too so nobody was being a pedophile. You made so many assumptions that make absolutely no sense. You also said it plural as if I’d posted this type of thing before? This is the first time something like this has happened to me. 

• Eva

Very likely. Supplying alcohol to minors is a serious offense. Then you committed perjury by lying to the police.

This is a question to ask your lawyer.  If you don't have one, you need one.  You're looking at a definite criminal record and prison time is possible given that there was a 14 year old who was given alcohol and became a subsequent victim of rape.