Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Why don't jehovah's witnesses practice what they preach?

Jesus NEVER told his followers to preach from door to door.

Besides that, JWs preach their own false teachings.

He said to love your neighbors but JWs love nobody but themselves.

He said his followers would not be part of this World like he was not part of the world, but the JWs are a part of this world.

Jesus wasn't hated for protecting pedophiles like the JWs.

They do tolerate violence and domestic and child abuse is common among the JWs.

To me they DON'T have a real Christian attitude, they use alcohol and drugs as a coping mechanism to deal with life in the cult.

They are a cult and their leaders are 8 disgusting pigs in NY.

There are some upstanding individuals, but there is far more bad than good.

People do NOT lie about them. Everything stated about them is easily verifiable.

They are in complete denial about their massive pedophilia, but it's true.

• Laila
    Favorite Answer

I’ll never understand how anyone else in the world can accept the utter crap this cult spouts.

The witless clan are the apex of cultish behaviour; even worse than scientology and the various satanic cults, most of which started in the USA 

I'm annoyed that you put me in the position of having to defend the Jehovah's Witnesses. Jesus never told his followers NOT to preach from door to door. He told them to go into all the world.

Yes, there are many upstanding individuals among the Jehovah's Witnesses. Set them a good example of what it is to be a Christian instead of spewing hatred.

• Lv 4

https://www.google.com/search?q=jehovah%27s+witnesses+child+sexual+abuse&rlz=1C1APWK_enUS775US775&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjX_82amJHnAhWXXM0KHQ7sA2wQ_AUoAXoECAsQAw&biw=1215&bih=560&dpr=1.13

• Joe

Not a JW but in response:

"Jesus NEVER told his followers to preach from door to door."

Actually He did:

Matthew 28:19-20  Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  (20)  teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

• Joe

" he never talked about handing out watchtower magazines either."  : I totally agree with that part of your comment.  Watchtower/Jehovah's Witness is a cult and is not Christianity.  So I agree that Jesus never said to follow what the JW do.

In my experience they mostly DO practice what they preach.  The problems is that they preach a lot of error.

• Papa-G

(Acts 5:42) And every day in the temple and from house to house they continued without letup teaching and declaring the good news about the Christ, Jesus.

(Acts 20:20) while I did not hold back from telling you any of the things that were profitable nor from teaching you publicly and from house to house.

(Matthew 28:19, 20) Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

(Matthew 10:11-13) “Into whatever city or village you enter, search out who in it is deserving, and stay there until you leave. 12 When you enter the house, greet the household. 13 If the house is deserving, let the peace you wish it come upon it; but if it is not deserving, let the peace from you return upon you.

• Lv 4

Those preaching the gospel were instructed not to do what Jehovah's Witnesses do: "Don’t move around from home to home. Stay in one place, eating and drinking what they provide. Don’t hesitate to accept hospitality, because those who work deserve their pay.

8“If you enter a town and it welcomes you, eat whatever is set before you. 9Heal the sick, and tell them, ‘The Kingdom of God is near you now.’ "

Jesus' commanded to feed the poor and to take care of the sick.  He did this every time prior to giving them his gospel.

If you call yourself Christian and you are not taking care of the sick and the poor, then you are not really a Christian and you should be worried about your eternal soul.

You are right about what you are stating above.  Righteous people are humble and would not tolerate the abuses that are rampant in the sect.   That being said, all groups have their predatory members and some of those are the clergy.  It is up to the people to demand change, vote with their feet and stop giving alms to those who would abuse.

Ex Jehovah's Witness

Catholic

Not sure but when they knock on my door I drop my pants and invite them in. So disappointing that they all leave.

I think it can be summed up in one word:  brainwashing.

Because raping kids and hating holidays

is what's REALLY important to them and their god-creature.