Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 1 month ago

Is it worth buying a used Rover 416 Si for 1st car that has 125k miles for 1,000$?

I recently got my driver's license, so I decided to buy a used car. The car is in daily use. Made in 1997, 1st owner, manual transmission, Motor Vehicle Inspection passed on 2020/01. Looks like the owner took good care of her. I was told that these cars made with Honda parts. Is It True? Unfortunately the Rover company defunct since 2005 so obtaining spare parts may be a little bit tricky. Should I avoid it?

Favorite Answer

The 400 series was based on Honda's design but all made by Rover. As far as I recall only the 1.6-litre automatic had Honda power, the rest were Rover. Rover's output at the time was distinctly "patchy", if you find a good one it's good, otherwise maybe not.  Worth looking at at that price, make sure you get it checked by someone who knows what he's doing.

Any used vehicle under 4000$ is a good one, IF you have a qualified TECH survey it prior to purchase.

This particular vehicle might not be a good choice, because of Expense for repair, and parts.