Can i marry my best friend?

So my best friend and i grew up in an international school in japan.

And we are really good friends we are not gay we are straight guys. But both of us dont plan on getting married when we get older. So we decided when we turn 40 and if were still unmarried. We should just marry each other and live together. But without the sexual stuff. We even plan on starting a business together.  We could even adopt a kid. And maybe i could even get a green card because my friend is american. Would that be considered fraud or something?

I just wanna know if this is a thing and if i could get a green card. 

• D1218

Yes, it's your decision. If you're determined to then do it.

I'm not encouraging you to do this but I might say it's actually clever 🤔 if you're married to each other both of you get less taxes as well! 😂 more $$$$$ for you both. 

It is only fraud if you marry for immigration purposes. You have to prove that your marriage is not fake. 

Companionate marriages ARE a thing and this doesn't necessarily read as straight fraud if you're actually planning to live your lives together as partners. You clearly can't yet do this in Japan until the laws there change. I would advise you though that leading up to this thing you'll both probably have to stop dating opposite sex partners and make sure you document your "romance" adequately.

It would be fraud if you were doing it specifically for a green card.

Marriage for the purpose of immigration is fraud. What you describe is NOT a valid, committed marital relationship. No, you cannot marry, and you certainly cannot wangle a green card through such fraud.