Can you lose feeling if you’re around someone you’ve had sex with?

I’m in love with this guy and I think he is too but our circumstances don’t permit for us to be together. However because we're in the same friendship group we are around each other quite a bit. I lost my virginity to him and he to me and we’ve hooked up on and off for a year. We were basically together unofficially and we both still have feelings. He’s also my best friend. Can I lose feelings whilst being in this situation. 

• MCM

If u stop having sex

• Rowan

Well, every time I see a hot girl I want to touch them, and that generally becomes more the case the more I see them. I don't particularly think the bonding instinct of "love" is dependent on any more than hormones and instinctual attraction mixed with time and proximity. Sometimes people are gross or weird or annoying, but still kind of hot, if they are. 

• Steve

Try to rest from being sexual (vibrator, dildo, orgasms, nipple orgasms, sex, etc.) and your attraction to...well... men will become stronger and he could be more attractive to you.

Sure, its very possible to lose feeling for someone in this situation because of a lack of commitment.