Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

Why cant i get even an interview for a data entry job?

I went to college and all i get is fast food interviews but no hires 

Favorite Answer

Follow up after 1 week for any job you applied for, but didn't hear back. Try to schedule an interview. Hit all the job sites (indeed, monster, careerbuilder). Visit your local careersource/jobservice office for job info and workshops on resume writing, interview skills, job search skills, etc.

Move your question to Business & Finance>Careers & Employment as it's currently in Yahoo Products>Yahoo Answers and not applicable to this subcategory.  Move your question by clicking Edit>Edit category just beneath your question, then selecting the category where it belongs.

Data entry, as a distinct field, has disappeared. It did that at least 14 years ago, I used to be in it. The duties are all rolled into general office work now.

• Eva

Fine, you have a degree. What actual marketable skills do you have? Any previous work experience. Make sure your resume emphasizes your skills as you probably don't have much of work history yet beyond fast food and/or retail.

Good. stop posting. i went to college too. I took a minimum wage food job and then quit school when I got promoted to assistant manager, long hours and low pay, I did a good job and got a raise and then another promotion to manager. And the raises continued because I did a good job. Thank god I did not graduate and become entitled like you.

Then I saved and started my own business and retired before 40.

You are too good to work food? And you repeatedly whine to strangers how you cant get a job?

I hired a college grad who could not find a job. Part time, minimum wage. He quickly proved he was not afraid to wash dishes & mop & clean toilets so I promoted him to assistant manager and I could tell he was smart so I told him if he stuck with it he would get his own store too and he did.  You seem to think you can sit on your butt & do nothing for a high wage just because you went to college. You're an idiot. An unemployed one at that.

McDonalds general managers earn big money Many 6 figures and most started as hourly employees. 

• LAN

What?   You expect this person to actually work to earn a living without displaying a good work ethic.  I am shocked at you, shocked I say.

• Andrew

You probably need a better resume and have better interviewing skills . I know it's brutal out there employers are so damn picky it's pathetic

• bluebellbkk

Why is it 'pathetic'? Why shouldn't an employer be 'picky' when they have such a wide choice of applicants?

• ?

Internet research - how to get a job/pass interviews