My 7 years old took 300 Dollars From my dresser ?

My 7 years old took 300 Dollars from my dresser and took to school to put in his lunch account. But the teacher call me to ask if I give him the money. Once I said no, she took it from him and it was returned to me . But I don’t know what to do. I spoke with him about his action. 

What else do I do?

• Bort

You know your child better than anyone does. Most kids don't even start learning and understanding the value of money until they're a little older than 7. He knows what money is and what it does of course...does he really know how what $300 can buy other than a bunch of lunches? Give benefit that he's still a bit naive on the value of money and material things.

Me personally I would be glad he put it in his lunch account at school instead of going to some random local store and spending it all on useless junk. He could have done a lot worse than putting it on his lunch account.

You have posted about your troubled relationships and this specific child for years.

Same kid?  "My 6yrs slap a kid on the bus because another kid asked him to."

THAT was when you should have sought counseling for him.  This 6 year old is out of control, AND he lives in a disfunctional household.

You ALL need to see a mental health therapist BEFORE CPS steps in and removes him from the home.

• PAMELA

Nothing, just keep your money out of his reach in future, at 7 he does not really understand what he did. you got the money back so just move on.

• Maxi

Teach your child that taking things that don't belog to them is called stealing

Interesting that your kid actually stole money to put in his "lunch account."  He's a resourceful little guy, isn't he?  If the above story is accurate, tell him that stealing is against the law, even if you steal from a family member.  You might want to take away some privilege that he likes to do as punishment.

• Edwena

Lock up your money so that he can't find it. Teach him some morals about stealing. He needs to go to Sunday school.

start by keeping money in a safe place

• Andrew

Lady your life is really going to suck if you keep spoiling little Johnny. Like speaking to him is going to solve the problem 😆. You ground him for a week with no video games! If not you will regret it when he grows up and controls you

• Mandy

Please, people, stop with the 7 years or 4years old, etc.  in English, it is your 7-year-old, your 4-year-old, etc.  You do not write it as plural when you say it the way that you did.