Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 8 months ago

Am I Ready for Marriage?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

If you're 25+, have a good job and your place to live and have been dating someone with those same attributes for two years or more you're at least ready to have the conversation. But until you've made sure you and your partner are on the same page about all the important things in life you'd be foolish to set the date. Until you talk about money, children, in-laws, where to live, religion, priorities, work/life balance, etc. then walking down the aisle would be premature.

• 8 months ago

I think its a valid question.   Too many people dont ask this question and just do what they feel because they have the power to do it!!  However marriage is very very serious and one of the most important decisions you will make ,and with far reaching affects. If you want to know something you should never be too proud, or too embarrassed to ask, despite someone trying to make you feel small for not having all the answers yourself.  I have put a link below that will take you to a website that has many of the answers you have, and many more!!! i hope you are able to benefit from the information you find there.

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/teenagers/as...

• 8 months ago

Not if you have to ask.

• 8 months ago

If you must ask this question, then no, you are not ready for marriage.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

More than likely not...

Have you moved out of parents house?

Earned a degree?

Got a career?

Got your own pad, car, insurance, cell in your name building a credit line verses in debt?

You need all these things long before marriage.

And when you are looking you look for someone in the same position...degree, career, money saved, no debt...so you both start on the same page.

Ok get busy...lots of work to do on you before marriage 

• funny
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

You yourself knows if you are ready or not !

• 8 months ago

You're asking total strangers, so the answer is no. But you need to be asking your close friends this question.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

If you have to ask then, you are not ready. 

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Before you can answer that question, you need to know yourself well. For example, consider the following factors:'

-Relationships

-Demeanor

-Finances

-Spirituality

The more you understand yourself, the better equipped you will be to find someone who will amplify your strengths rather than your weaknesses.

For more info https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/teenagers/as...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.