Im gay should I reject this guy if my feelings for him doesn’t supersede my crush?

I know sometimes a crush can be on someone unrealistic for us but it’s the only feelings I’ve experienced since I found out I was gay probably because I’m a very shy guy. I’ve been crushing on a guy near work for the past 3 years and he has noticed the attention I’ve been giving him he is a shy guy too and although he has tried to passively reach out nothing has happened because no one is inititating the first step for conversation and he is expressing frustration. A new guy approached me, I know he likes me and he is very persistent but for some reason I just can’t appreciate it and my feelings are still strong for my crush over him. I could accept this new guy’s offer but I would probably question if it’s the right thing to do and would I even be happy knowing a part of me feels like it is forced or was a desperate option. Maybe I’m destined to be alone with no partner who knows.

• Jojo

I can only suggest that if it does not `feel right` don`t do it. Don`t just accept an offer from someone just because you are afraid of being `alone`. That will just end it disaster. Why not just pluck up the courage to approach your crush in a positive manner and see what happens. eg: Ask him out for lunch? 3 years is a long time to hanker after someone and it now needs to be sorted, so you can either move on emotionally or be glad you took the initiative and find out if your crush really is all the waiting about for. Nothing ventured, nothing gained eh? Go for it and Good luck. 

• reme_1

You need to go to the gay center and talk to the counselor. Meet other guys your age and share your stories.

Ask the guy you actually like out for coffee or dinner. 

Just go for coffee with him!