If your doctor orders blood work and if your blood tests come back good, will you get a call from the doctor?

That depends entirely on the doctor and what his/her practice is for those kinds of tests, Some call. Some don't.

I get my test results through a patient portal

• mokrie

Usually they only call you if there is a problem. You can wait one to two weeks and phone and ask for the results if you want.

• TedEx

Depends on your doctor. Usually if your tests are ok, it will be up to you to call him if he does not call you

----

if you get your blood work done at a hospital, google their web site.  Many have a ""patient portal:  Sign up for it and you will be able to view your own test results-----

In my state (Pennsylvania )  they are required to notify you if  the results of your lab work  are  abnormal.

Possibly.  It depends on why the tests were ordered. If the tests come back fine, let the doctor tell you what he was worried about, and explain his thoughts to you.

Wait a week or so, and then pick up the phone and ask.  The nurse will set up an appointment for you to see the doctor.