Will a schedule change change my acceptance?

I applied to MSU and was wondering if changing a statistics class (which is a blow off) to an outdoor ed class would change my acceptance, because that's what my counselor said but she is kinda wack.

• MS

If you are already accepted, then it won't change anything UNLESS that statistics course fulfills a graduation requirement for your high school or an admissions reuqirement for MSU.  If you are not yet accepted, then I would definitely not make this change, as your difficulty of schedule is something that admissions staff look at when evaluating applicants.

• Expat

If you’re worried about it, don’t change it. There’s a drop-add period at most universities in the first couple weeks. Get accepted and then think about changing the schedule.

Source(s): 20+ years university professor
  • Laurie

IF the statistics class (which is not a “blowoff” class - statistics is not easy) fulfills an admission requirement to the school or for a specific academic program... yes, they could withdraw your acceptance because then you would not meet the admission requirements.