Some stole a car & hit my car. I don't have full coverage insurance. Am I screwed? ?

Okay, 3 weeks ago I made the news on television. Some jackass led police on a high speed chase and he hit my parked car going like 100mph on residential street. The impact destroyed not only my car but that huge light pole on the street. It was a 5 hour standoff because the kid refuse to come out the car.

He finally came out and police found a gun in the car. I don't have full coverage insurance and today my insurance told me that I'm not getting anything because the kid who is age 21, stole his moms car which hit my vehicle so his mom nor her insurance has to pay because the kid stole it and he is the one who hit my ride. 

My car got repo to the junk yard because the impact split the whole back half off the vehicle. It's ripped in two. Now I don't have a car, I won't get any money to buy another car. Im too broke to afford a lawyer. 

My question is, why do I get punished for what a criminal did? 

• Bort
    Favorite Answer

This is the mess our laws and business policies are in. Innocent people end up suffering and losing. You can thank yourself and your peers for it being this way. If American's would use the power they actually have as per the Constitution this sort of thing, the labor laws, and how the president is treated like he's some kind of King over the people (that he's not) wouldn't be happening.

Sorry but because of how things are you're S.O.L.

The only thing you can attempt doing is suing the person who did it. You will surely win a civil case against them even without a lawyer, you don't need a lawyer, but if they don't have any money...you can't squeeze water from a rock.

Just 3 days ago you posted this; Car accident - My Insurance paid me for damages, can I get more money from insurance of the person who hit my car & run off? ?

Sue both the driver and his mother. Depending on the value of the vehicle, you may be able to sue in small claims court. If the insurance has to pay an attorney to defend the mother, they may be willing to buy out of the claim.

Nobody is paying for another car. if thats what you mean. You are not punished. You are simply not rewarded with a free car over it.

I am in the exact same boat. If that happens to me, I would be out my car too.

(I would have to use my cash to pay for another car) Its a risk I knowingly & willingly accepted. 

You can sue him in small claims court, then when he does not pay you can have his license suspended until he does pay. The guy is going to jail and he is not going to pay you. So suing would be a waste of time.  But it would ensure he cannot get a new license.

Cars do not get repo to the junkyard. A repo and a tow are 2 different things.

• Never

I just saw his question from 2 days ago. It appears both are complete fabrications.

YES, YOU ARE SCREWED because you didn't have uninsured motorist coverage. Epic fail. All you can do is try to sue the guy. Fat chance getting any money but you can try. 

• ikadavid1 month agoReport

I bet your mom is fully insured with cocks insurance lol

• Erik

You didn't get "punished"-- you were the victim of a crime.  Someone who got robbed, or their house broken into, could ask the same question.

• ikadavid1 month agoReport

Stupid answer but so far it's the best one yet. 

That's a completely different story from what you told two days ago.  Which is true?

Sorry, but life is tough. Sometimes poo happens. You took a gamble by not having insurance and you lost. Next time you might want to rethink that decision.

• ikadavid1 month agoReport

But I did have insurance did u even read what I wrote?