Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Is this excuse to say he's too busy to meet?

We've been dating for 2 months, and will be meeting on Friday. He has said before that weekdays are busy and that we will meet Fridays and sometimes the weekends. Today, he said he is looking for extra work on weekends.....is this an excuse to say he doesn't want to date anymore?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Could just be genuinely trying to make more money. Talk to the guy before you make any assumptions. Be honest with yourself too. Are you happy in this relationship? Do you feel like less of a priority to him? Do you feel left out when he is constantly busy? Even if he still wants to date you, it's ok for you to decide it's not working for you. Or keep at it. You're just dating, it should be fun and exciting.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

not necessarily, he might really need that job

• 1 month ago

No doesn't sound like it to me.  Even if he works extra on the weekends, if you are dating he should be able to still see you on the weekends, whether its to meet for breakfast, dinner or a movie.  If he doesn't make time for you on the weekends and he is going out with other people then, I wouldn't waste my time with him.  There are so many guys out there in the world, find another man.

• 1 month ago

Not an Etiquette question. WHy don't you move it to 'Relationships'?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Mini
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

It could be- but we would need more info based on the context. Has he been giving you the cold shoulder in other ways? There would typically need to be multiple different instances to indicate that he was just making excuses. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.