Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 8 months ago

Could I use this swindle to get a free upgrade from first class to coach?

I got this idea from the first home alone Movie.

Kevin's mother, desperate to get home to her son, made a deal with an elderly couple

She offered to trade them her two first class tickets, if they went the next day, upgrading them from the coach tickets they have. That way she could take the otherwise booked flight that day, and she offered them $500 dollars on top.

Say that I did something like this in reverse. See, you have to show ID at check in and at security, but I have never had to show my ID at boarding, just my ticket. They know that if you are in the secure terminal, you've already proven all that.

Any time I am planning to fly anyway, I buy a coach seat.

Then I print up a fake ticket not just for first class, but for the elite class, the kind of seat where it can run several grand. And that fake ticket shows a time for an actual flight departing a couple hours later.

Then I find someone with an ordinary first class ticket, come up with a sob story for why I need to get to that city quickly, and offer them a massive upgrade if they'll trade me their lesser ticket, and go a couple hours later.

If they bite, I get to go first class for the price of a coach ticket, and a couple hours later when they try to board with their tickets for the most elite seats, they find out they've been bamboozled.

If no one takes my offer, no problem, I didn't waste any money on the coach tickets because I was going there anyway.

Could this work?

Also, if no one took my offer, and someone I made the pitch to sees me boarding the same flight as opposed to the later one I supposedly had tickets for, no problem. They'll just think I made a deal with someone else. So it doesn't expose my scam. 

That's if that first class passenger who refused my offer even sees me on the plane, as typically first class boards first and exits first. First class passengers never even really see the coach passengers except in the first terminal.

Upgrade from coach to first I meant

• Ann

This has got to be Jacob Nguyen again.  He's branched out from the Society and Culture site since people quit responding to his idiotic rants there.  Just don't respond to him or comment about his "plans".  He's thinking about robbing a bank, following a theme he saw on "Burn Notice" so he can go to Vietnam and get married.  He also wants to hire hookers, he claims he goes swimming in apartment swimming pools in a bikini (in Jan.), and he says that because he's "autistic", no one can prosecute him for anything.  He's 30 years old, he lives with his parents, he's unemployed, he has no dri ver's license, and he rants and raves all of the time.  Just ignore him.  He's been reported many times, and he needs to be blocked permanently.

Not with all of the means the Airports use to keep the passengers safe.

I think you spend too much time watching movies.

• james

But they still have your name & address from were you bought tickets. 

They have a word for what you are describing, they call it fraud, not to mention that in this post 9/11 times that we live in, the Feds would likely have a field day with you.

• Neil

Nice try, No, it would not work.

"I print a fake ticket."  What could possibly go wrong?

You better think twice before doing something fraudulent. There are already legal repercussions for this offense.

What happens in the movies, doesn't happen in real life.

Cameras are a thing, they could recognize you and have you arrested. Just take your coach.