MY FRIEND WAS A VICTIM OF RACISM. WHAT DO I DO?

He was with me. We were at Safeway. He had to use the bathroom. He went in the back where the customer bathroom is--and he was hassled for it. Two clerks followed him and gave him grief about using the bathroom in the first place. They tried telling him we both couldn't be back there. 

He is black. He knew that was why. I always said he put too much emphasis on race. He was always saying it was color. But... I don't know what to say now. Black people are still harassed for just existing. 

• Bobo

When you operate a business and you observe behavior that is detrimental to your success, you create rules to address the problem.  You were observing a response to behavior that has been detrimental in the past.  Don't pass judgement on behavior that you do not understand.

People scheme together regarding theft, or engage in drug deals in more private areas. If it's store policy to only allow one person at a time to use the facilities, then perhaps respect their rules?

This has nothing to do with racism. Why you think otherwise I have no idea.

You both were in the back fraternizing in a public place it’s not about race.  There are other customers to think about 

If you weren’t buying anything, that may be why they were harassing you. If not then idk.